** For more frequent updates, follow us on twitter: stephDG79 **

Monday, June 1, 2009

30 days to go..and still in the shop!

Pretty much every spare evening Francis and his Dad have is being spent on the van and I am happy to report we are on track for the trip! I am so grateful for all they are doing. I know they enjoy it but still, I can't believe how dedicated they are to making Lucy look good. Every time I stop by in the shop I'm floored by their handiwork. In the past few weeks we worked mostly on the front of the van. We ordered rubber mats and a new accelerator pedal from CIP1.ca and once those were installed and glued in, the boys decided the seats needed to be primed and repainted.
We were able to finally put in the two front bucket seats so once the seat belts are installed we will be mobile again! Yay! The top storage cabinet was also installed and although I'm sure I had better pictures, these are all I could find to show how they look:
The only big ticket items left to do are...
  • Reconstruction of the side cabinet (passenger side)
  • Build tables (large one and the small ones that goes on the sink cabinets)
Smaller stuff that will need to get done before we leave:
  • Aux and lighter adapter in the back and front
  • Install carpet in the cargo bay
  • Screens for the jalousie windows
  • Finish and install curtains
The trip planning is pretty complete. Like I mentioned in previous posts, we will not be booking any sites along the way so that we are completely free to stop where we want. I stoppped by CAA to pick up travel documentation and our custom TripTik. I think with those booklets and with the laptop and WiFi along the way we should be able to make informed decisions about the route and detours we will take. We still have a lot of shopping to do for camping/cooking supplies. Canadian Tire, here we come!

No comments: