** For more frequent updates, follow us on twitter: stephDG79 **

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

We love Lucy!

Well.... we did it! We are, as of today, the proud owners of a 1971 VW camper van called Lucy! We had kept her purchase a surprise from our family which was VERY hard because we were so excited when we learned the seller accepted our offer . Unable to restrain ourselves further, we decided to show up uninvited at everyone's place tonight so they could meet her and go for a small ride. Felix still hasn't seen her though..he was unfortunately sleeping when we stopped by. I get the feeling he'll really like her. Lucy's previous owners were wonderful and dropped her off at our place around noon along with a bunch of spare parts and instructions. I will make sure to keep them updated on our adventures. I don't think I could of asked for a better seller. So anyway, as I write this, Lucy is sleeping in a safe, warm shop. There was no way I was leaving her out in the street for the first night. We still have to finalize insurance and license plate documents and get her safetied so more updates to come. Oh and any ideas for vanity plates? We were thinking RDTRP 71

5 comments:

Unknown said...

hey, congrats on your new van! i am so jealous, ha ha. i've been wanting one of these guys for a while now. best of luck!

aleks

Anonymous said...

Hello Stephanie
i'm not sure if you're the Stephanie i know (so if you're not my apologies)... but then again how many Stephanie DeGuire happen to live in Ottawa ?

So here i am writing to you ;) It's David (from Quebec), we've met years ago! It's been quite some time since the last time i've eared from you. I've tried to write to you but i guess i no longer have the correct e-mail. I hope everything's going fine for you (from what i can see they are !)
I wish you well on your trips :) And i hope to see you again soon (maybe when you pass throu Quebec City ?)

Feal free to write to me
xivigg@hotmail.com
J'aimerais bien avoir de tes nouvelles.

à Bientôt

David

Jeff et Mel said...

I still say the plate should say "JucyLucy".....it rhymes and it's classy!.....haha

Unknown said...

Looks great...

See you in ALberta in July.

Dean

Sarah said...

Vous avez fait une super belle job love it !!
VW are the best I still miss mine !! hihi

Sarah